Friday, January 1, 2010

Seafood + Family Day

...equals perfect day!

We all went to Coastal Road in Dumangas today and had a late lunch of seafood galore. The place was called 'Siete Picados,' which is also the name of the group of islets that's visible from the resto. The food was good, as expected, although we've had better oysters in Miagao and at the Y2K carwash. The service was among the worst I've encountered, but everyone was feeling magnanimous that day we didn't make too much of it.

We then went to Fort San Pedro for a family pic, but the place turned out to be a disappointment. It was no longer the Fort San Pedro I remember from my childhood. Part of the promenade parking had caved in, I'm assuming because of Typhoon Frank. The statue of the Christ (I'm not too sure of the official name--I understand Catholics have different titles for different poses of the Christ), the one you could see from the boat when you leave or approach the Iloilo City pier, has been vandalized. Overall, the place looked shabby and dirty. I was told it's still a favorite spot for photogs wanting to catch the sunset, but we were too early today and it was too cloudy. I hope the Iloilo City government would do something about it. What a waste!



Espanola Family, New Year's Day, 2010
Fort San Pedro, Iloilo City
L-R: Lala, Eyay Dorit, Nina, Inday Cel, Pop, Pablo, Moi, Arnel
Seated: Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment