Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010, first day

Happy new year!

The past two days whirred by so fast I didn't get a chance to write a log.

Our 2nd day home, we went to Palanguia, Nanay's birthplace. It's a barangay in Pototan town.

It was the 80th birthday of Lola Pacing, one of the matriarchs from my maternal side of the family.

We also saw Lolo Abog, my late grandfather's brother. Lolo Abog is 97 and was sweeping dry leaves off his front yard when we visited.

Our 3rd day home, yesterday, we had my Physics teacher from UP High over. Sir Romeo Joseph was with his family--there were 10 of them at least--and we served them punch and a 32-in pizza, among other things.

Sis Nina whipped up a feast ala Iron Chef, but I didn't get to see the end of the party because I was too tipsy from a few glasses of Asti.

When I got up I had a monster headache, and had to kneel by the porcelain deity. I don't feel like drinking anything alcoholic for the rest of my stay here. At least that's how I feel now. Might reconsider.

No comments:

Post a Comment