Thursday, January 14, 2010

Buggy, snotty Thursday

I caught some kind of bug yesterday. I had difficulty breathing this morning. It was like that the whole day. But duty called so I just increased my fluid intake and ploughed along. I did go to the clinic and took one of those non-drowse cold meds, just to keep my nose from running a marathon.

Work's getting "seriouser and seriouser" (an allusion to Alice in Wonderland's "curiouser and curiouser"--get it?). Sometimes I think it's not fun anymore. Thankfully, my teammates are fun. Some of them at least. I like that they don't find my accent funny, or get annoyed when I shift languages in the middle of a conversation. EOP at work is slowly going out of fashion again, so I need to work on my Tagalog.

Speaking of fun, the only thing I'm happy about today is that I got to run. Despite my less than perfect state of health, I was able to do a 15-minute alternate walk and run. My running space was well-lighted this time, but I saw a couple of vehicles driving by. Then two joggers arrived just when we were about to leave. I sort of liked it better when it was dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment