Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy, buzzy night

The company I work for didn't hold a Christmas party because December was supposed to be the crunch month in the BPO industry. Instead it had an annual party last night at the Skydome of SM North in Quezon City.

Okay, this is the first company I worked for with over a thousand employees in one location. And outside my team of 18, I probably know only a dozen more people in this office. So my decision to go to the party wasn't without much hesitation. Half the team couldn't make it because they were invited to a former colleague's wedding that same day. The other half, except for one or two, were as reluctant as I was. It didn't help that the theme was 'party like a rock star' and the color motif was black and white. I don't have a problem with those, except this is 2010, not 2000. My black rocker shirts have long faded, and I have since expanded my musical taste beyond rock.

But to cut the long story short, I went. And I'm glad I did. The party turned out be fun. We were able to form a delegation of five to represent our team. In the first hour I was somewhat bored, but they served flowing beer so I played along. Then on my 5th beer or so, the party finally started getting fun!

The headliner bands were Sandwich and Kjwan, which didn't disappoint. Marasigan had aged; Abaya was, uhm, I dunno, never really knew him. There were other bands earlier but we weren't able to catch them because we were almost 3 hours late. There was a DJ that played music for the dance hour. I don't remember his name, but I know it was in the poster. By then I already had a happy buzz in my ear.

I left around midnight, but only after we took crazy pictures by that wall with the sponsor's name (there must be a name for this wall, I just don't know it at the moment). By the time I got home, the pictures were already posted on FB.

No comments:

Post a Comment