Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Reunited with Lyra and Pan

Not because I particularly liked 'His Dark Materials' but because the audio book production is excellent. Better than the novel itself. It could be the distinctly British accent of the narrator and voice actors. Along with the slow pace of the novel--almost boring actually--it makes the book a great bedside 'read.'

I wish the people behind this production would do a better novel. Jesse Bernstein of the Percy Jackson series is still among my favorites. He can bring to life a heavy fantasy story all by his lonesome. He did all the parts himself. But he is best as Percy, and I couldn't imagine a better Percy. His delivery of Percy's lines shaped Percy's character in my mind, and made the actor in the film adaptation seem lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment