Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas reading list

1. Twilight Watch, Sergey Lukyanenko
2. City of Ashes, Cassandra Clare
3. The Lighting Thief, Rick Riordan


Three books before 2010. Not bad. Bite-size and doable.

I already have copies of 1 and 2. They're sequels of books I've already read: Day Watch and Night Watch for Twilight Watch, and City of Bones for City of Ashes.

The Watch series has a fourth installment called Last Watch. It came out only in January this year, but I don't think there are already copies in the local bookstores. I'll order one as soon as I'm done with Twilight Watch. I'm also looking for DVDs of the movie adaptations of the first two installments. I've seen Night Watch but I've read there's also a Day Watch movie. Both are Russian films with English subs.

City of Ashes is part 2 of the Mortal Instruments series. Next to it comes City of Glass. They already have the paperback edition of the last one at Fully Booked Bonifacio. I'll get my copy as soon as I'm done with City of Ashes.

Now I tried looking for The Lightning Thief at Fully Booked Bonifacio today. They didn't have it. I'm thinking of ordering a copy through their branch at The Block. Hope I get it before the long holiday.

Will try to post my thoughts on these books here. No promises, except that I'll try.

No comments:

Post a Comment