Monday, September 20, 2010

1st Asian Bird Fair/6th Philippine Bird Festival

I will be in Davao City for the 1st Asian Bird Fair/6th Philippine Bird Festival this weekend. The event will run from September 24 to 25 at the Insular Waterfront Hotel. There will be interesting lectures on birds, birdwatching, ecotourism and more. Perfect for students and educators. FREE ADMISSION!

Those of you reading this who are from Davao, or have friends and relatives in Davao, please spread the word.

Here's the video teaser for the event.

This is organized by the Wild Bird Club of the Philippines, of which I have been a member since 2004, and the Davao City government.





I will leave with the bird club folks on Thursday noon but will come back alone early on Tuesday. I'll be heading straight to work by then, as per my usual MO. I'm hoping to catch some diving Monday morning, but I'm still waiting for a callback from the dive resort.

Those of you waiting for the 3rd installment of the 'Crazy things I do' series that chronicled my dive lessons, I beg for your indulgence. I so want to write it but I have a long-overdue commitment that I have yet to fulfill, and I swore to myself that until I get that out of the way, I won't do anything fun. Please bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment